Shades and Window Treatments
We Provide Motorized Shades and Window Treatments.
There is an incredible array of choices for window shades, window treatments, and window blinds. When it comes to smart shades, motorized shades, or electronic drive shades, there simply isn’t a better choice than The Audio/Video Specialists.
When you team up with a team of Denver interior design specialists, like our partner, The Rocky Mountain Design Collective, you can rest assured that the look and feel of your window coverings will match with the rest of your home decor. Combine our expertise in home automation and shade motorization, and you have an unbeatable combination. There is a good chance that you may not want to motorize all of your windows, so having our team take care of all your shades means that you will have a consistent look throughout the home.
Advantages of Motorized Window Coverings
- Protects valuable artwork and furniture against harmful rays of the sun, thereby reducing fading.
- Blocks the sun, not the view. Choosing the correct fabrics means that you can maintain your incredible view from your home, and people passing by can not see in your home.
- Increases energy efficiency by deflecting heat when you want to keep your rooms cool, and letting heat in when you want to passively heat your home.
- Smart automation of shades means that your shades perform energy saving functions without you needing to manually move them up or down. Your system can know exactly where the sun is in the sky, so the shade moves appropriately based on time of day and time of year.
- Beautifies your home by offering a huge variety of fabric types and colors.
Motorized Shades Is a Type of Lighting Control
Sometimes we refer to motorized shades as dimmers for your windows. Well integrated shading systems let light in when you need it and block when you don’t. This can help save energy costs, so you don’t need lights on during the day.
Can they be retrofitted?
Generally, wireless shades are not really wireless. They still need power which means that you still have to retrofit a power wire at a minimum. That has all changed with Lutron battery operated shades. These shades are limited to a cellular style of material. As long as that design fits your look, these shades offer incredible value from the point of material cost as well as installation and programming. Even though most wireless shades still need power, they can still often be retrofitted with a minimum of mess.
Are they quiet?
Almost all of our shading systems are incredibly quiet. Even our new battery operated shades, which have been traditionally very loud, are as quite as any of the other Lutron QED motors.
What type of budget will I need?
Budget depends upon a myriad of factors, and is very difficult to determine here. Number of windows, type of windows, material types, level of automation programming are just some of the cost determining factors.