Take Advantage of Green Technology with Smart Energy from Savant
The Green Initiative is not just a fad anymore. With the green message coming from everyone from President Barack Obama to GM, we are truly reaching a new age. Is it possible that last year’s gasoline spike will finally compel us as Americans to truly re-evaulate our energy consumption. The US only has 7% of the world’s population, yet we consume 25% of the world’s resources. Although some of us may have a blatant disregard to conserve, most of us really just lack the education on what we can do to make a difference. What things are simply marketing hype, and what things actually make a difference? Do you know how much it costs you to run your air conditioner for one hour? Do you know how much your kitchen light costs you per hour? How much does dimming really save? If you can’t answer any of these questions, you are not alone. I couldn’t either… at least I couldn’t before we started installing the home command center. Get a snapshot of how much energy your home really consumes. What devices take the most energy? Find places to conserve. How many pounds of coal are used or gallons of CO2 emitted on a daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly basis. The numbers may amaze you at first, but these numbers will become a powerful tool: knowledge. Only with real knowledge can we change habits and effect change.
Our intelligent control technology enables the homeowner to monitor and reduce energy consumption of smart home electronics, conserve resources, and save money— all without sacrificing comfort or convenience. Savant’s Smart Energy harnesses green technology and tailors your system to adjust usage based upon time of day, changing seasons, outside temperature, and any other triggering mechanisms to ensure that your smart home system’s energy usage is always at peak efficiency while quality of life and convenience are never compromised.
Green home automation is easy on energy:
- Set your intelligent lighting to automatically turn on and off with the rising and setting sun by timing them to an astronomical clock.
- Pre-set blinds to close, shutting out powerful sunlight and keeping the interior of your home cool while conserving energy.
- Reduce the demands on heating and cooling systems with climate controlthat regulates thermostat levels based on outside temperature.
- Press a “Lights Out” button to disable all intelligent lighting, making certain that no lights have been left on unnecessarily.
- Green home automation integrates with occupancy and motion sensors to dim or turn off lights when a room is unoccupied.
- Display power consumption levels to help you monitor energy use in your smart home system.
- Remotely monitor and manage all of the whole-house audio/video components and other smart home electronics with your iPad®, iPhone® or iPod touch® to prevent unnecessary energy consumption.
Click here to read about an amazing Smart Energy project from Savant that utilizes green technology.
Savant is proud to be a member of the U.S. Green Building Council and to manufacture smart home products that are RoHS compliant.